Thursday 30 January 2014

Snowed in All Day Ribs

Baby Back Ribs

Ingredients:

  • 2-4 Small Ribs
  • 1 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
  • 2-4 Tablespoons Seasonings
  • Honey
  • 1 Onion
  • 3 Cloves Garlic

OR use this Recipe for a nice Korean BBQ Sauce

Instructions:

  1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and any herbs or spices that you wish to use. Lightly drizzle some honey over the ribs as well.
  2. Coarsely chop the onion and garlic cloves. 
  3. Arrange the ribs on their sides (exposed bone end down if possible) inside the insert of the slow cooker. 
  4. Toss the onions and garlic in between the rib racks. 
  5. Pour about 1 cup of BBQ sauce all over the ribs and use a silicone brush to distribute the sauce evenly. 
  6. Turn the slow cooker on low heat and leave it alone for about 6-8 hours.
  7. After 6-8 hours, the ribs should be fall off the bone tender but not perfect.
  8. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, and lightly mist with cooking spray. 
  9. Transfer the ribs from the slow cooker insert to the baking sheet. 
  10. Spread the remaining BBQ sauce over the tops of the ribs and broil for between 3-10 minutes, or until the freshly added BBQ sauce begins to bubble and cook under the broiler. 
  11. Remove ribs from oven, let sit about 2 minutes and serve.

Goes great with Roasted Corn!

Enjoy!

Notes:

Ribs aren't my favorite food, I get a little OCD over my need to wash any any stickiness from my hands so saucy rich ribs are a bit of a nightmare for me to eat. However like a true man, my man friend of choice loves ribs maybe almost as much as he loves me. So I wont lie, I have tried ribs in the past and various methods but my ribs never ever got as lovely as they did with this recipe. I might not be the biggest rib fan, but this recipe was almost enough to convert me to a lover. Also when I made mine I accidentally dumped about four tablespoons of marjoram on my ribs, and just kind of went with it and the marjoram went really well with my sweet chicken and rib BBQ sauce. So be brave! Be bold! And when you are trapped all day at home, why not crack out the slow cooker and make some drool worthy, fall of the bone tender ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts? Questions? Comments? Or did you try this?